Here is what we know so far about the Manatee County races:
- In the Florida House District 67 race - the seat is now held by the term-limited Ron Reagan, R-Bradenton - Greg Steube raised $26,625 during the final quarter of 2009, bringing his fund-raising total for the year to more than $150,000. Steube finished the year with almost $130,000 in the bank, as he so far has spent a little more than $21,000 on his campaign.
- Also in District 67, Robert McCann reported collecting $3,075 in contributions during the final quarter of 2009, bringing his fund-raising to a total of more than $68,000 for the year, not including $25,000 he loaned his campaign. McCann had a little less than $32,000 in the bank. Jeremiah J. Guccione reported collecting $10,500 in the fourth quarter, bringing his total take so far to a little more than $50,000 and had more than $42,000 in the bank. He also has loaned $50,000 to his campaign. A fourth candidate, Marie Nisco, reported no financial activity by her campaign last year.
- The lone Democrat in the District 67 race, Z.J. Hafeez, reported collecting $30,840 in contributions during the final three months of 2009, and spending only $85.43.
- In House District 68, the sole candidate, Republican Jim Boyd, reported collecting $10,100 during October-December, bring his total for the year to $81,420. So far, he has spent more than $37,000. (Incumbent Bill Galvano, R-Bradenton, is term-limited, but we will be interested to see how much he has raised for his 2012 campaign for Florida Senate from District 21.)
- In House District 69, incumbent Rep. Keith Fitzgerald, D-Sarasota, collected more than $17,500 in contributions during the fourth quarter, bringing total for the year to more than $52,400. He had more than $47,000 in the bank. Republican challenger Ray Pilon reported collecting $5,645 in contributions during the final three months of 2009, bringing his total haul for the year to almost $27,000. He had about $19,000 in the bank.
- In House District 55, Democratic challenger Martha Allen reported no activity. The report from incumbent Darryl Rouson, D-St. Petersburg, had not been posted.