The Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, which says it represents almost 500 businesses and their employees, on Friday announced its endorsement of Betsy Benac, a former county government planner, challenging McClash for the Republican nomination for the at-large District 7 seat on the county commission.
The group also endorsed Larry Bustle and John Chappie for re-election representing District 1 and District 3, respectively. Both are Republicans.
Also, the alliance endorsed Linda Schaich, who is trying to replace Robert Gause on the Manatee County School Board; and school board candidate Robert Moates, who is running for the seat being vacated by Harry Kinnan.
School board races are nonpartisan.
Here is the complete list of endorsements.
- Larry Bustle, Manatee County Board of County Commissioners, District 1.
- John Chappie, Manatee County Board of County Commissioners, District 3.
- Betsy Benac, Manatee County Board of County Commissioners, District 7.
- Robert Moates, Manatee County School Board, District 2.
- Linda Schaich, Manatee County School Board, District 4.
- Tom Knight, Sarasota County sheriff.
- Brad Steube, Manatee County Sheriff.
- Ed Brodsky, State Attorney, 12th Judicial Circuit.
- Larry Eger, Public Defender, 12th Judicial Circuit.
- Vanessa Baugh, Manatee County Board of County Commissioners, District 5.